Caller ID Block prevents your phone number from being displayed to the person receiving your call.
- How to use
- Pick up the handset and listen for the dial tone.
- Press *67. On a rotary or pulse phone, dial 1167. You will then hear a "stutter" dial tone.
- Dial the number you're calling as usual.
- The person you've called will not be able to see your number displayed
on their telephone display screen. Instead, "private" will be displayed
- You must press *67 before each call you place. Otherwise, your phone number will be
released to the person receiving your call.
- If the party you have called has the feature Call Return, the called party will not have to
know your number. However, by using Call Return they can return a call to your number.
- Your cannot block your number from being displayed to companies using Automatic Number
Identification or certain call trace features. These companies include Emergency 911 and
certain Federal and State agencies.
- Caller ID Block may also be requested on a per line basis. All outgoing calls will then
be prevented from being displayed to the person receiving your call.
- Dial *82 to deactivate Caller ID Blocking.