Repeat Dialing keeps redialing busy numbers and tells you when
the line is free.
- How to use
- Dial a phone number. When you hear a busy signal, just hang up, then
lift the handset again and listen for a special dial tone.
- Dial *66, or 1166 on a rotary or pulse phone.
- If the line is still busy, listen for a confirmation message and then
hang up. Repeat Dialing will check the number for up to 30 minutes.
- A special callback ring alerts you if the line becomes free (the
callback ring is a series of 4 rings).
- Pick up the handset to automatically place the call. You will
hear the phone you are calling begin to ring.
- To turn off
- Lift the handset and listen for a normal dial tone.
- Dial *86, or 1186 on a rotary or pulse phone.
- Listen for the confirmation tone, then hang up.
- To restart the 30-minute clock, repeat the activation steps.
- Repeat Dialing can call as many as 30 busy lines at one time.
- Special ringing to alter you that a particular line is free will
last for 4 rings (24 seconds) for thirty minutes.
- Service does not work on 800#'s, 900#'s number outside our Customer
Local Area Signaling Services (CLASS) service area, or on lines where
Call Forwarding or other similar services were activated.